Skinny Mashed Potatoes (Serves 4)
- 1 lb red potatoes, diced
- 8 oz cauliflower
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt (use less if using regular table salt)
- chives (optional)
- Steam potatoes and cauliflower until fork tender.
- Heat milk, chicken broth, and reduced fat cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes, cauliflower, salt, and pepper to the bowl.
- Mash all ingredients together until desired consistency is reached. (Don't use a food processor or hand blender unless you want them to be like glue... learned that one the hard way!)
- Top with chives and serve!
Fat: 0.5 g