We made this Saturday night with squash and tomatoes from Julie's garden. It was delicious! I found the recipe from the blog "Kath Eats."
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2/3 cup shredded 2% cheese ( I used a mixture of parmesan, mozzarella, provolone)
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/8 cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Slice squash and zucchini into 1/4 inch slices. Lay on a sheet pan, spray lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper. Broil until lightly browned.
2. Slice tomatoes.
3. Saute garlic for a couple of minutes in a pan sprayed with olive oil.
4. Mix 1/2 cup cheese with basil and garlic.
5. Preheat oven to 350.
6. Layer squash and zucchini sprinkling cheese mixture in between each layer in a 8x8 glass baking dish.
7. Place tomatoes in layer on top.
8. Top with mixture of remaining cheese and panko.
9. Bake for 25 min, then broil for 5 min (but watch closely).