Sunday, August 17, 2008
We made this frittata for "breakfast for dinner" night. It was yummy and easy. I served it with fruit and wheat toast (biscuits for Nick :) )
7 egg whites
4 whole eggs
6-8 basil leaves, chopped
3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
1/3 large onion
hand-full of spinach
1/4 cup goat cheese
italian seasoning (approx 1/2 tsp)
3-4 oz sliced smoked ham
olive oil cooking spray
1. Beat eggs and egg whites in a bowl and set aside.
2. In an iron skillet or other 9-10" skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and spinach until soft and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Add tomatoes followed by basil and ham. Saute for an additional minute.
4. Add eggs to pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle with italian seasoning.
6. Scatter goat cheese across frittata as it is cooking.
7. When the eggs are almost set, put under the broiler for approximately 3 minutes or until lightly browned.