This recipe is from Cooking Light and is one of our favorites. We made it for Big Ron's visit and Mom and Granny's visit.
4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
* 2 3/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
* 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
* Cooking spray
* 2 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage (or a similar turkey sausage)
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 3/4 cup uncooked Arborio rice
* 1/4 cup dry white wine
* 1/2 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
* 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
* 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Combine broth and saffron in a small saucepan over low heat; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chorizo to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove chorizo from pan with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Add onion and pepper to pan; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add rice; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add wine and paprika; cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in broth mixture and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Gently stir in turkey, peas, and parsley; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
297 (30% from fat)
9.8g (sat 3.3g,mono 4g,poly 1.6g)