Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Strawberry Cake

For mom's birthday, I made her a strawberry cake- not just any strawberry cake, but the recipe my granny was using to make a cake the day she had my mom! Now, it does use cake mix and jello, but it has the addition of fresh strawberries, pecans, and coconut so you would never guess that it starts with cake mix. And it is topped with a strawberry cream cheese frosting- delicious! Everyone really seemed to like it! You can find the recipe here.


Here is a pic of Steve and me with the dinner we cooked.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Whitney... that looks delicious! I've been searching for a strawberry cake recipe to try, and you have answered me. :) I'll give it a go for the upcoming Halo Ultra Nerdiness Night we're hosting, and let you know.

    ReplyDelete