So, I have been on an avocado kick lately. I used to not care for it much. It was a "take it or leave it" type thing, but recently it has officially moved to the "take it" side only! So, all that to say that I really wanted a Cobb salad because of the avocado. It was really delicious, and I love the way all the different components taste together. Also, on mine, I used turkey bacon instead of regular, and I really liked that substitution. I ate it with this delicious blue cheese yogurt dressing, but Nick preferred it with ranch so you can eat it with whatever you have.
Makes 2 large salads:
- 1 bag of romaine salad mix
- 2 grilled chicken breasts (or you could use a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2-3 strips of bacon (or turkey bacon)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- blue cheese to sprinkle on top
1. Divide romaine between plates or bowls.
2. Add grilled chicken, avocado, bacon, egg, tomatoes on top of lettuce.
3. Sprinkle with blue cheese,
4. Serve with whatever kind of dressing you want :)