Tate's Bake Shop Cookbook, seen on Smells like Home)
(Recipe yielded about 40 med-lg cookies)
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. (You don't have to do this, but the bottoms came out more browned when I didn't)
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg. Mix together.
- Then, add the sour cream and mix it well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix it until it is combined.
- Drop the cookies onto the prepared cookie sheets 2-3 inches apart as they do spread.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until they are light brown. Cool them on the cookie sheets for about 5 minutes, and remove them to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp milk
- Food coloring (optional)
- Beat butter with a mixer for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add vanilla, salt, sugar, and milk and beat again until smooth.
- Add food coloring if you want and spread over cooled cookies.