Migas (adapted from the Pioneer Woman)
Serves 4-5 people
- 1/3 cup corn tortilla chips, broken into pieces
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeds And Membranes Removed, Finely Diced
- 4 whole Plum Tomatoes, Roughly Chopped
- 1 whole Green Pepper, Roughly Chopped
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Roughly Chopped
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Chopped
- 12 whole Large Eggs
- ¼ cup reduced fat mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1/2 avocado
- salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the olive oil with the butter. Add onions and bell peppers and cook until starting to turn brown/black, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add in diced jalapenos and stir to combine. Add tomatoes to the skillet and stir around, then add chips, stirring gently to combine.
3. Reduce heat to low.
4. When the heat has decreased, pour eggs into skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir gently to cook with the peppers, folding mixture very gently as it cooks.
5. Add in grated cheese.
6. Once eggs are cooked and cheese is melted, removed from skillet and serve topped with avocado.