Salmon Salad with Roasted Red Peppers, Corn, and Goat Cheese
- salad mix (I used half arugula and half mixed greens)
- 4 4-5oz salmon fillets (I prefer wild caught)
- Williams-Sonoma Potlatch Seasoning (optional)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper (or you can use jarred roasted peppers and skip steps 1-2)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place pepper on a cookie sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, turning half way. It may take longer, but you are looking for your pepper to turn mostly black. Remove from oven and place in a plastic bag (such as a ziploc). Once pepper has cooled, remove from bag, and peel skin. It should come off easily. Slice pepper into strips and remove seeds.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add frozen corn and cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until some kernels start to blacken. Turn off heat. Put corn in a dish and return skillet to cooktop.
- Season salmon with Potlatch Seasoning, if using, or with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tsp of olive oil to skillet and turn heat to medium. Once pan is heated, place salmon in pan seasoned side down.
- Cook salmon until done, turning half way. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of salmon, but it should flake easily when done. I would guess 8-10 min total, but watch it so you don't overcook it!
- While salmon is cooking, assemble salads. Place greens on bottom and top with red peppers, goat cheese, corn, tomatoes, and cucumber. Top with salmon and serve with balsamic vinaigrette.