I found this recipe on Kath Eats Real Food. It is now one of my favorites! The combination of flavors is great. Here is a link to her original recipe. The recipe with my changes are below.
(Serves 3 + probably some leftover polenta)
* 3/4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
* Handful of spinach
* 5-6 mini carrots, diced
* 1/2 a cup assorted bell peppers, diced
* 2-3 stalk celery, diced
* 1/4 cup onion, diced
* 1 tsp olive oil
* 1-2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
* Sprinkle Chili powder
* 1 cup quick cooking polenta
* 1 tbsp light butter
* 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
* 2 tsp honey
* 1.75 cups chicken broth, divided
* 1/2 cup almond milk (regular milk would work fine)
* 2 cups water
* Add olive oil to pan (preferably not a non-stick pan) and heat. Place shrimp one by one into pan and don’t touch until brown on one side. Flip and sear until crispy. Remove from pan.
* Add veggies to pan and sautee a few minutes. Stir in Old Bay and chili powder. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth to deglaze plan and steam veggies. Remove veggies from pan when tender.
* Meanwhile, cook polenta as package says (I put 2 cups water, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1.5 cups chicken broth in pot and brought to a boil, then stirred in polenta and stirred constanlty until thickened- approx 7 min)
* When polenta is thick, stir in 1 tbsp butter until melted. Then drizzle on tsp of honey.
* Add veggies to polenta pot and stir together. Pour into bowl and top with shrimp and parmesan.