Sunday, November 2, 2008
Definitely not the best picture, but don't let it deceive you! These mini meat loafs are delicious! The recipe is from Cooking Light, and it is one of our favorites. I usually serve with roasted potatoes and green beans for a healthy and comforting meal. And of course you can make a meatloaf cupcake, if that's your thing :)
6 servings (serving size: 2 "muffins")
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 1 cup finely chopped onion
* 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 cup ketchup, divided
* 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, extra lean (raw)
* 1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
* 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 large eggs
* Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Cool.
Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.
276 (28% from fat)
8.6g (sat 3g,mono 4g,poly 0.8g)