Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Apple, Grape, Turkey Sausage Salad

Well, I am now working on "Operation: Clean out Wichita Fridge and Freezer" and I wasn't sure what to do with the Smoked Turkey Sausage so I figured it could be a good substitute for chicken on salad since I like just about anything if it is on a salad. It was tasty and good for a change although the sausage is a much stronger flavor than chicken (not in a bad way) so be prepared for that if you try it!

Ingredients:
1/2 fuji apple, diced
1 cup of grapes, halved (you can use either color but purple/red look prettier :) )
1 bag of lettuce/your favorite salad mix
4 or 5 oz of turkey sausage, sliced
any kind of cheese- I recommend fat free feta, Nick recommends goat or cheddar
Newman's Own Light Balsamic Dressing

Directions:
1. Heat non-stick skillet on medium
2. Add sausage and cook until browned
3. Let cool for a few minutes while you assemble salad
3. Place greens on plate and top with apples, grapes, cheese, and turkey sausage
4. Serve with dressing on side or you could toss the greens with the dressing before assembling- whatever your preference is

2 comments:

  1. This looks DELICIOUS. Yum yum yum. You know I love a good salad! Can't wait for you to arrive. :-) How can I help with the move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this salad 3 times in one week- soooo good! I sub. chicken for the turkey, though. Yummy! Thanks for sharing :)
    -Allison Collier

    ReplyDelete