- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large poblano pepper, seeded and white ribs removed, finely diced
- 1/2 of 4.5 oz can of diced green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground white meat turkey
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans white beans such as cannelini, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can hominy, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt
- Lime wedges
Heat the oil in large pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat. Add the onion, celery, poblanos, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and cayenne and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink about 2 minutes. Add the white beans, broth, green chiles, and oregano. Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
Add the hominy and salt and more cayenne pepper, to taste, and continue cooking, partially covered, 10 minutes longer. Ladle into individual bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Garnish with a lime wedge.