Monster cookies are nothing new, but they are cookies that every baker needs to have in their collection because they are always a favorite. They are packed with peanut butter, m&ms, chocolate chips, and whatever else you want to put in them! The adaptability of this recipe is one of the great things about it. This time I added butterscotch chips, but you could also add peanut butter chips, raisins, toffee bits, nuts, etc! I went with a recipe that used all oats rather than a combination of oats and flour because I love the chewy texture the oats lend to the cookie. Also, the bright colors of the m&ms make them perfect for birthdays.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FRIENDS, MEGGO AND LIZ!
All Recipes and then made a few changes, which are shown below. Also, it made about 60 cookies so be ready to share :)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 4 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup m&ms
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a very large bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat well to incorporate.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Use an ice cream scoop to put on ungreased cookie sheet. My ice cream scoop was pretty small and I baked them for about 12-13. They may not look quite done, but you want to take them out before the look completely done or else they will become hard once they cool. Leave them on the baking sheet for about 15 minutes to let them set. Then move to a cooling rack.