Sunday, January 18, 2009
Megan was our first dinner guest in Wichita (not counting family visitors :) ). It was breakfast for dinner night, and we made a frittata. I just used basic ingredients and added asparagus because it is one of the few vegetables she likes. It turned out to be pretty tasty!
7 egg whites
5 whole eggs
asparagus, about 6 stalks cut into 1 inch pieces
1/3 large onion, diced
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup fat free feta cheese
italian seasoning (approx 1/2 tsp)
3-4 oz turkey sausage, cooked and crumbled
olive oil cooking spray
1. Beat eggs and egg whites in a bowl and set aside.
2. In an iron skillet or other 9-10" skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions, green peppers, and asparagus until soft and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Add turkey sausage.
4. Add eggs to pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle with italian seasoning.
6. Scatter feta cheese across frittata as it is cooking.
7. When the eggs are almost set, put under the broiler for approximately 3 minutes or until lightly browned.