Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cornbread

I made this cornbread to go with some spicy chicken tortilla soup. It was quick and easy to make, and it was a great basic cornbread recipe. I found the original recipe on All Recipes, but made a few changes and halved the recipe. The recipe as I made it is below.



INGREDIENTS

* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup cornmeal
* 1/8 cup sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup buttermilk
* 1 egg
* 2 TBSP salted butter
* 1 TBPS honey

DIRECTIONS

1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the milk, eggs and shortening; beat for 1 minute. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 425 degrees F until bread is golden brown. (I don't remember how long, but I would start checking around 15 min).

No comments:

Post a Comment