I first had these when Ms. Janice made them at Thanksgiving. They were really good and seemed easy to make so I made them for Lynn's Christmas shower. Everyone seemed to like them. They are like little bites of pecan pie with less of the gooey filling, which means I like them a lot more than the pie! The recipe is from Southern Living. The only thing I did different was using phyllo shells that were not frozen so I only baked mine for about 12 minutes.
Makes about 6 dozen
* 3 cups chopped pecans
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
* 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 2 tablespoons melted butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 5 (2.1-oz.) packages frozen mini-phyllo pastry shells
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
2. Stir together sugar and corn syrup in a medium bowl. Stir in pecans, eggs, and next 3 ingredients.
3. Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoonful pecan mixture into each pastry shell, and place on 2 large baking sheets.
4. Bake at 350º for 20 to 22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely (about 30 minutes). Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.