Sunday, January 25, 2009

Whole Wheat Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I saw some banana chocolate chip cookies on this blog and thought I should make some since I had oodles of bananas in the freezer. The cookies were so soft and delicious! I will definitely be making these again in the future. I wanted to make a healthy cookie so I changed a lot of ingredients. My recipe is below. (And they kept well for 4 days- I think they would probably last longer though if they don't get eaten by then!)



Ingredients:
3/4 cup mashed or pureed banana
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
6 oz chopped semi-sweet chocolate
1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1.5 tsps vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups oats

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sugars and butter and mix on medium speed until pale.
4. Add egg and vanilla to butter/sugar mixture. Mix until combined.
5. Mix in applesauce and bananas until thoroughly blended.
6. Add flour mixture and stir until combined, but be careful not to over-mix.
7. Stir in chocolate chunks and oats.
8. Bake just until set and slightly golden. Time will vary based on size of cookies, but I would guess around 12 minutes???

FYI: I got about 38 cookies from this recipe.

Approximate Nutrition:
Per cookie:
85-90 calories, 3 g fat, 1.2 g fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment