I don't quite know who to give credit to for this recipe because I got it from my mom and I don't know where she got it, but this is a really easy and delicious beef stew- perfect for a cold, icy Kansas day :) The recipe below is as I made it (slightly adapted from the original):
1 tsp olive oil
12 baby carrots, diced
l small onion, diced
1 can diced tomatoes
2-3 stalks diced celery
4-5 diced new potatoes
1 can roast beef (I had to use Hormel but Costco's Kirklands brand is best)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
12 oz V8 vegetable juice
1. Microwave carrots, onion, celery, and potatoes for about 2 minutes so they will slightly soften.
2. Heat olive oil in Dutch oven (or other soup pot) over medium heat.
3. Add vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes. (Salt and pepper veggies when you put them in)
4. Add can of diced tomatoes and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Add roast beef, garlic powder, V8 juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Stir and break up beef so it shreds into smaller pieces.
7. Continue simmering until vegetables are cooked to desired "doneness".
This is also good as leftovers :)