Friday, March 12, 2010

Oatmeal Butternut Squash Muffins

I woke up this morning with no intentions of baking muffins, but when I opened a can of butternut squash puree and it didn't quite taste as I was hoping, I had to find something to do with it! So, I decided to make some healthy muffins. They actually turned out better than I expected- in fact, I ate 3 of them! Oops. Oh well, I am glad to have another healthy muffin recipe to add to my collection. I especially liked how moist they were and the chew that the oats added. Another bonus is that you can make them in no time!


Oatmeal Butternut Squash Muffins
(Makes 1 dozen)
 Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (you can use any type of milk you want)
* 1 1/4 cup butternut squash puree (you can substitute canned pumpkin)
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1 cup white wheat flour
* 1 cup old fashioned oats
* 1/4 cup chopped pecans
* 1/4 cup raisins

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Mix wet ingredients together.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Spoon into muffin pan with paper liners.
5. Bake for 13  minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment