- 3 ears of sweet corn
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 Anaheim pepper, diced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the husk and silk from the corn and cut off the kernels. I found it helpful to put it in a bowl and cut so the kernels don't fly everywhere.
- Dice the squash, garlic and peppers and toss with olive oil.
- Spread vegetables on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine broth, water, and rice in a medium pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until rice is cooked.
- When the vegetables are done roasting, add them to the broth and rice.
- With an immersion blender, blend mixture until it has very few chunks left in it.
- Add milk and blend until thoroughly incorporated. Reheat soup if needed.