Makes about 24-30 mini muffins
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk, at room temperature
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just combined. Set mixer on low speed, and beat in one fourth of the dry ingredients. Then beat in one third of the milk mixture. Continue to alternate until all ingredients are incorporated, finishing with dry ingredients. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups with batter. Bake until lightly golden and firm to the touch, about 15 minutes. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the tin and let cool.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a ziploc bag. (I recommend gallon size, but quart would probably work). Once the muffins have cooled, brush each one with the melted butter.Then place a few muffins in the bag with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Shake well to coat the muffins. Repeat.