Saturday, October 9, 2010

Chili Spiced Chickpeas

In my efforts to eat less packaged snack foods, I decided to try roasting some chickpeas to have on hand rather than having crackers or even my beloved soy crisps. The only problem I have found is that I eat them too quickly so they aren't around long enough! They require very little prep time and are budget-friendly because a can of chickpeas costs like $0.89, which is a definite plus! You can use a variety of seasonings to create many different flavor combinations. So far I have just stuck with one because I like it so much, but really I should branch out... I didn't measure my spices, but I included approximate amounts below.
 Chili Spiced Chickpeas
Ingredients:
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed and patted dry
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • kosher salt (about 1/4 tsp)
  • chili powder (about 1/2 tsp)
  • cumin (about 1/2 tsp)
  • garlic powder (about 1/4 tsp)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread chickpeas evenly across a sheet pan lined with foil.
3. Lightly spray chickpeas with olive oil. 
4. Evenly sprinkle spices over chickpeas. 
5. Bake until crispy- about 45 minutes. 
6. Once they have cooled, store in a ziploc bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment