The Crumbly Cookie)
Recipe is for 9" round pan. I halved it and baked in 6" round pan.
- 2 peaches
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray round cake pay with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a small sauce pan, melt 6 Tbsp butter. Stir in 1/4 cup sugar and cook stirring constantly until it comes to a boil. Pour evenly into cake pan.
- Arrange peach slices in cake pan with sugar in whatever pattern you want so they cover bottom of pan. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat the remaining stick of butter with a hand or stand mixer until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition and scraping down the bowl as needed. Stir in the vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add half of the flour mixture. Stir to combine. Add the milk followed by the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter over the peaches and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Run a blunt knife between the sides of the pan and the cake. Carefully turn the cake out onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with ice cream if desired.