Sunday, February 15, 2009

BBQ Turkey Burgers

These BBQ Turkey Burgers are from Cooking Light. I love turkey burgers and think I should branch out and try new recipes, but I always keep coming back to this one because I know it's good! It also comes together really fast so it is a great recipe for a weeknight meal. For the BBQ sauce, I use Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue because I like the hint of sweetness, but you can use your favorite sauce.



Ingredients

* 1/4 cup finely diced onion
* 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
* 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
* 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
* 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 pound ground turkey (I use the 99% fat free and they aren't too dry)
* Cooking spray
* 4 large leaf lettuce leaves
* 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
* 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns ( I like to use whole wheat)

Preparation

Combine the onion, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, breadcrumbs, and the next 5 ingredients (breadcrumbs through turkey) in a medium bowl. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1 1/2 inch-thick patty.

Heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place patties in pan; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done.

Place 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice, and 1 patty on the bottom half of each bun. Spread each patty with 1 1/2 teaspoons barbecue sauce. Cover with top halves of buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment