I made this low fat banana bread for "Healthy Alternative" goodie day at work. I had read about it for a while on Cookie Madness, one of my favorite blogs. Since it had gotten such good reviews, I knew I had to make it. It was delicious, and I could not tell that it was low fat! I highly recommend you try it! Sorry the picture isn't great- I think I need to hire a new photographer :) But it does look a lot better in real life and when you cut into it.
Recipe (from Epicurious)
* 2 large eggs
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 cup smashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
* 1/3 cup buttermilk
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Spray a 9×5 inch metal loaf pan with flour-added cooking spray.
3.Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
4. Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy and light (about 5 minutes). Mix in smashed bananas, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir just until blended. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
6. Bake bread until golden brown on top and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Turn bread out onto rack and cool.