Sunday, February 15, 2009
I made this for Nick's birthday this year. We have had it several times because my mom used to cook it pretty often and always when we go to the beach. It has always been a favorite and a crowd pleaser :) I usually serve it over whole wheat pasta and with steamed green beans as a side. YUMMY!
*1 lb. unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
*5 green onions, sliced
*3 cloves garlic, minced
*2 Tbsp. olive oil ( I only use 1 Tbsp)
*1 (12 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts,undrained (I used canned quartered artichoke hearts- not marinated to cut back on fat and calories)
* 1/4 cup white wine
*6 plum tomatoes, chopped
*1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
*2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
*1/4 tsp. dried, crushed rosemary
*1/4 tsp. salt
*1/4 tsp. pepper
*fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1. Sauté onions and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender.
2. Add wine, Italian seasoning, and rosemary.
3. Stir in artichokes, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook until vegetables are tender, and then add the shrimp and cook until pink.
6. Serve over pasta and add fresh grated Parmesan on top, if desired.
Serves 4 people.