Wednesday, February 18, 2009
This is my favorite salad! The combination of flavors is so delicious- the sweetness of the oranges, the creaminess of the goat cheese, the earthiness of the beets, and the nutty flavor of the walnuts all tied together with a light balsamic dressing. I could eat this all the time, and it is quick and easy so it is a great weeknight meal.
Steamed beets (or you can roast your own)
crumbled goat cheese
1 orange, peeled and segmented
grilled chicken, sliced (you can also use a roasted chicken from the grocery to save time)
Newman's Own Light Balsamic Dressing
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Quarter beats and put in oven to warm up and slightly roast (I usually put them in for about 10 minutes).
3. While beets are in the oven, begin to assemble salad:
* put your favorite blend of greens or salad mix on a plate
* top with organge, toasted walnuts, goat cheese, and chicken
* when beets are done, add them on top of the salad
And you're done!